It's December and this entire month we are looking back at a remarkable, unbelievable, disruptive 2020 - and extracting the best ideas, insights, and resources to take into 2021.
Last week I shared never-before-seen data from our 2020 Global Reinvention Survey.
(Can you believe that to survive and thrive today, a whopping 60% of people are reinventing their business every 3 years or less?!)
This week I want to look back at another major milestone - the collective effort that resulted in the release of "The Chief Reinvention Officer Handbook: How to Thrive in Chaos":
More than 3,000 people contributed to this book, testing each of the 9 tools in real organizations around the globe, participating in our research, and polishing the featured cases, worksheets, and insights.
Since its release in late October, the Handbook:
1. Made its way into the hands of reinvention trailblazers who are leading reinvention efforts in Germany, Australia, South Africa, Romania, Sweden, Canada, Russia, Italy, Kazakhstan, Slovenia, Israel, I am sure others, and of course the US
2. Got its first award and its first praise from the independent book critics:
3. Sold out two times on all platforms, including Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Bookshop, Target, and Walmart (but if you are still looking for a perfect holiday gift, we have refilled the stocks!)
4. Got our best tools - such as the Business Model Reinvention Cards which come as a perforated ready-to-use bonus to the book - into the hands of amazing pioneers:
5. Showed the world that a small independent publishing effort can still deliver amazing books even if nobody from the big publishing giants believe in it!
So, if you have not had a chance to benefit from the Chief Reinvention Officer Handbook yet - perhaps, you do not yet think of yourself as a Chief Reinvention Officer of your life - now is the time to change that.
Here are a few resources to start:
1. If you have not yet downloaded our free 85-page preview of the Handbook, complete with 2 tools and one full case, you can get it here (no form to complete, direct link);
2. If you prefer to listen, rather than read, you can get a short intro to the key ideas in the "Thrive in chaos with reinvention guru Dr. Nadya Zhexembayeva" episode of the Leadership Lab podcast hosted by the wonderful Dr. Patrick Leddin;
3. If you are looking for a personal reinvention or know somebody who lost their job and is struggling, I shared some insights and resources, including the crowd-favorite "Fear to Action" exercise in this The Wall Street Journal article.
I am honored to be part of the community that made this book possible and pulled it together in a matter of 3 months.
What an impact.
What a gift you are to the world.
What a way to turn 2020 crisis into something that matters and makes a difference.
And we have more year-in-review celebrations to come ;)
Dr. Nadya Zhexembayeva helps companies such as Coca-Cola, Kohler, and IBM turn change and disruption into an opportunity.
Want to join our amazing reinvention community? Grab this FREE 85-page preview of my new book and you are in: https://www.learn2reinvent.com/handbook